Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rollerset


  

 

The roller set won.  I decided it would be a nice change of pace from the straight hair I've been rocking since getting it done on Saturday.  Routine:

I co-washed (Conditioner-only washing) my hair with Design Essentials Stimulations Super Moisturizing Conditioner.  **For the record, I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Design Essentials products.  They work pretty well but nothing spectacular.  My stylist uses the products and suggested that I purchase them so I'm just using all of what I have and then I'll move on to other products.**

Prior to this whole journey, I had never heard of co-washing.  Because most of the shampoos out there contain harsh stimulants that strip our hair (especially chemically treated hair that's already been stripped so severely), it's best to co-wash the hair in between weekly washes with shampoos. 

Then after cowashing, I used the Design Essentials 6-N-1 reconstructor under the dryer for 15 minutes with a plastic cap.  After rinsing that out, I proceeded with my rollerset. This time, I chose to set my hair with Proclaim Leave-in conditioner (again, another product I'm thinking of switching after I've used it all).  Her's a pic of the leave-in 

**I've found that roller setting with a Leave-in conditioner is so much better than using setting lotion.  The setting lotions (even when ultra diluted) leave my hair a little hard and heavy. The leave-ins give it an incredibly soft look and feel, although I do lose the extra day or two I probably could have had with the setting lotion due to the softer curl that's created from the leave-in.**

I must admit my hair is incredibly soft and conditioned.  I'm very pleased.  Considering I am almost 5 weeks post-relaxer and I typically relax every 6 weeks, I'm amazed at how it feels.  I can't keep my hands out of it!  Not to mention, I'm noticing more and more growth from the Hairfinity so its even more exciting that my hair is so soft. I'll scheduled for a relaxer on next Friday so I'll probably just continue to set it until I get the relaxer. 

Here are a couple of pics of the finished product.  I always get lots and lots of compliments when I wear my hair set.  I was really worried the first time I got one because I thought I'd look like an old lady but once you learn to work with them, they're really quite chic and stylish!

Because I'm going to bed in a few minutes, I didn't necessarily "style" my hair.  I just took the rollers out, brushed through it once with a paddle brush, and applied just a dab of coconut oil (pictured).  Oh and just so you know, my ends feel really good so I'm happy. 

I'll post pics in the morning of the styled look.  'Til the morn...


No comments:

Post a Comment