Monday, February 27, 2012

Black Soap...


…is da bomb!!
I know this is really random but I’m so excited about it that I had to share. I have recently discovered Black Soap and I can’t turn back now.  Having been plagued with problematic skin and having to visit the dermatologist regularly since I was about 18 (I’m 29 now), I’m absolutely amazed that I can purchase something over the counter that actually gets rid of my blemishes!  I’ve only been using it for about 2 weeks but I can already see a huge difference in my skin. 
I have PCOS (Poly-cystic Ovary Syndrome), which sounds so much worse than it is…thank God.  It’s described to me as basically an overabundance of hormones. They’re all out of whack…all over the place…which causes all sorts of crazy, including bacne (yuck), random hair (double yuck), and callused skin.  Needless to say it’s not the most pleasant of conditions but its manageable if you take the time/care to work on it. 
Anyway, I’ve always visited dermatologists for compounds to put on my face, Retin-A, and whatever antibiotic they decide to put me on for the year.  It’s always bothered me that I have to be on prescription drugs just to have clear skin but what was I gonna do?  Run around with pizza face like a 13 year old boy?  I think not, so I learned to cope.  Well recently a coworker of mine told me about her success in the removal of a dark spot that she’s had for months by using Black soap.  And me in my quest to become more holistic/natural without turning into a complete and utter freak decided to give it a try.  2 weeks later I can honestly say there is a drastic difference in the way my skin looks and feels!  I purchased the black soap with shea butter (for the moisturizing effect) and have been using it primarily on my face, neck, and back.  I’ll post a few before and after pics in the upcoming weeks.  I would do it now but I’m already in bed and that would just be too much to ask now wouldn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment