Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 1!!

This is officially the start of my "grow my hair to BSL" journey. For those of you that are anything like me and not familiar with the hair lingo, BSL = bra strap length. I'm amazed at all the hair care forums and information out there for other black women like me that are longing to have those gorgeous, flowing locks that so many others have.

I've always had really great hair in the sense that it was thick, and really bouncy, and I'm pretty good with styling so I usually get lots of compliments on my hair BUT I'm also a slave to heat products and literally used to flat iron my iron my hair every single day. My normal hair regimen is as follows. Let's assume I'm starting my regimen on a Sunday (although it varies from week to week):

Sunday - Wash and condition my hair, blow-dry and flat iron
Monday - Flat Iron styling
Tuesday - Flat Iron styling
Wednesday - Wash and condition, blow-dry and flat iron
Thursday - Flat Iron styling
Friday - Flat Iron styling
Saturday- Wash and condition, blow-dyr and flat iron Styling

Yes, you're reading correctly. I wash my hair 3x a week!! I know it sounds crazy but my hair is fine and very pourous and it holds on to everything. So needless to say, my hair would pretty much grow to chin length and completely stop. I got multiple complaints from my hair stylist about how hard I was on my hair and I for the life of me couldn't figure out what I was doing that was so harsh on my hair. I mean I couldn't be expected to do my hair without heat...could I???

So I started doing my research and sure enough, there were crazy women out there that styled their hair with absolutely no heat. I was in amazement!! Who does that?? Well people do it. And thus began my journey.

I'm still in the process of creating my new regimen and I'm at a complete loss I might add but I'm definitely up for the challenge. I'll keep you posted on the process (or lack thereof, lol) :-s.

No comments:

Post a Comment