Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Helplessly Dry Ends

All Dried Out
No matter how hard I try to condition my tired lifeless ends, they never seem to be moisturized!  Even this morning, I rubbed my hair with coconut oil (twice!) and it didn’t seem to do a thing.

Super Porous Hair Not sure if anyone is familiar with perils of having porous hair but if not, allow me to give you a little insight.  I am one of the unfortunate souls that has extremely porous hair.  What that means is that my hair absorbs water/moisture almost twice as fast as other hair types yet it loses moisture at the same rate.  Not good.  And to make matters worse…I have a very tight curl pattern so any moisture I do happen to retain usually gets caught up in all that curly goodness!  What I’m left with is ends that are screaming for conditioning. 

What’s the plan?

Well since I was previously scheduled to work from home tomorrow, I had these grandiose plans of doing a Coconut Oil treatment overnight.  But since that was squashed, what I think I’m going to do is a reconstructive treatment with Design Essentials 6-N-1 conditioner, followed by a wet set or a roller wrap (to be determined when I get home).  After it’s dry, I’ll moisturize with a small amount of coconut oil.  The treatment will just have to wait until the weekend when I have more time to play around.  What I’ll have to is research the best way to do the treatment and give it a try. Additionally I hear that a rinse with Apple cider vinegar is an excellent cure for porous hair.   Anyway, I’ll post the results in the morning.   ‘Til then…

No comments:

Post a Comment