Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Roller Wrap

Last night I made my second attempt with a roller wrap.  The last time I did it, about 2 weeks ago (one week before my relaxer), I could tell that it would be really nice on freshly relaxed hair but it didn’t work well for my pre-relaxed hair.  

Anyway, last night I cowashed my hair with the Design Essentials Moisturizing condition and deep conditioned with the 6-N-1 reconstructor  under the dryer for 15 minutes.  I then saturated my hair with Aphoghee Leave-in conditioner and set it with hard rollers.  **I used slightly larger rollers in the top than I normally would for a roller set because I needed the volume since my hair is freshly relaxed.** I dried it on a low setting for about 50 minutes, then removed the rollers and brushed the curls out with a paddle brush.  I then wrapped my head snuggly with Saran Wrap.  I got back under the dryer for about 15 more minutes and then combed down my wrap. 

My hair was incredibly soft!  It looked and felt so good.  In fact, I didn’t want to put anything on it for fear of losing the softness that I achieved from the roller wrap but I learned my lesson from before.  I took a small dab of coconut oil and rubbed it on my hair, concentrating on the roots and ends, and then sealed in the moisture with my African Pride herbal oil.   It didn’t take away the softness and actually added a nice shine to my hair.  I wrapped it and did the same thing this morning.  My hair looks great!  It looks exactly as it did when I left the salon last week; however I didn’t use the flat iron to achieve the look. I’m happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment