Friday, March 9, 2012

Heavy hair with roller wrap

The last few times I've washed my hair (be it a co-wash or regular shampoo), I've roller wrapped it (roller set, then wrapped it and set under the dryer for about 15 minutes)It turns out great when I do like that.   Its incredibly soft, lots of shape (no heat necessary), and it has great volume.

That being said, I have fine hair.  My hair is actually kind of an odd texture because its fine but it gets really dry too.  The problem I'm running into is that the roller wrap allows my hair to retain the moisture from the conditioner so it feels great.  However after about 2 days, its really too heavy for me to wear out comfortably.  In fact, at the beginning of the 3rd day, I think its ok...then half-way through the day I'm like, "ok, my hair is disgusting. I don't even want to touch/see it myself!".   Now that might not sound like a long time but I'm accustomed to washing my hair every 3 days anyway because it is so fine, and holds onto product buildup like you wouldn't believe. 

So, my new task is to come up with a way of roller wrapping that allows me to retain the moisture, but also have a lot more body than I'm getting from the way I'm doing it now.  It may be my choice of products.  I'm currently using the Aphoghee Leave-in conditioner and nothing else.   I actually really like this conditioner because my hair is so soft when its dry.  Actually now that I think about it, it couldn't be the Aphoghee because my hair doesn't appear to be that heavy when I take the wrap down.  Its only when I apply the oil to my hair that it holds on to it for dear life.  But as we all know, the oil is necessary so its a Catch 22.  I don't know.  Ugh.  A little frustrated here but I'll figure out the best balance/combination and share my findings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment