Saturday, March 10, 2012

ApHogee ProVitamin Leave-In Conditioner Product Review


After reading lots of positive reviews, I was anxious to get my hands on this puppy.  I’m happy to say that the reviews were accurate and this really is an awesome product.  I’ve only used it (so far) for roller setting/roller wrapping but I will try it next week when I air dry or when I dare to blow dry it again…which by the way I haven’t done in about 2 months (yay me!).  

I decided to try the ApHogee because, again it got great reviews, and also because I wasn’t entirely satisfied with the way my sets turned out using the Proclaim Tea tree oil Leave-in conditioner. Proclaim is a really cheap…ahem…inexpensive product out there that worked really well for me when I was blow-drying all the time.  What I loved about it was how great it smells, how light/clean it left my hair feeling, and how much overall body it gave my hair.  I now know how completely damaging that whole process was for my hair.  When I tried the Proclaim with the roller sets, I found it to be too light.  It didn’t hold the curl well enough for me…hence my switch to ApHogee. 

The difference between Proclaim and ApHogee

Like I said, thus far I’ve only used the ApHogee for roller sets but I will say that my roller sets come out a lot better with the ApHogee.  The curls seem to have some moisture to them and are incredibly soft.  This is the way my sets feel when I leave the salon so I knew I could get optimal results, sine I usually get anywhere from 4-7 days of wear of out a salon roller set (that’s pushing it I know).
With the Proclaim, I found that my hair was a little dry and slightly brittle, which is obviously never a good thing. It also gave it a dull appearance as compared to the ApHogee that’s always shiny and healthy looking. 

The Results are In

I feel so disloyal because I used the Proclaim for so many years but it looks like ApHogee is definitely the forerunner. I honestly don’t have a bad thing to say about the product.  It’s going in on my Counter list.

No comments:

Post a Comment